2 cups almond meal
1 cup buckwheat flour
Pinch celtic seas salt
1/2 tsp bi carb soda
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup malt extract
Zest of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
3 tsp chia
3 tsp water
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp clove powder
3/4 cup currants
- Preheat oven to 170degrees celsius
- Combine the chia seeds and the water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together almond meal, buckwheat flour, salt, bi carb, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and currants.
- In a small bowl mix coconut oil, malt extract, zest, vanilla bean paste and chia mixture.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients, roll into 12 evenly sized hot cross bun shaped parcels.
- For the cross, combine gluten free flour & water
- Place hot cross buns on baking tray and put in the oven for about 25 mins.