3-4 oranges (can increase or decrease depending on how many you want to make/size of your dehydrator
1 cup raw cacao powder
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup melted cacao butter
½ cup maple syrup
- Slice oranges into full circles or half-circles (the thinner you slice them the quicker they will dehydrate)
- Place in dehydrator for the day- times will vary depending on your machine but these took about a day to be completely dehydrated
- You will notice when they are done that the orange has lost its moisture
- Let the orange slices cool down
- Place cacao butter in pot on a low heat and melt
- Add cacao powder & coconut oil in the pot and stir until smooth
- Turn off the heat and pour the maple syrup in. Whisk until the consistency is creamy and glossy
- Once cool, dip them in the chocolate you can half dip or dip the whole thing
- Sprinkle any toppings you’d like or leave them as is, we chose to use bee pollen
- Place each piece of orange on a tray lined with baking paper and ensure they aren’t touching.
- Pop in the fridge overnight to harden.